Plain Old Jen

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Perfect Place


"And these nails they pierce right through me
But i don't know what this means
And this weight upon my shoulders
Makes me fall down to my knees
And I’m praying to this silence
But I don't know who can hear
And these waves of fake religion
They all echo in my ears
And this is where I fall...

The perfect place for me to fall
Is at your feet 'cause this is
All that I can offer you
To honor you
Cause who I am is what you do"

This is the second verse and chorus to a song by Hello Kelly called, The Perfect Place". I was listening to it the other day as I often do but there was something different about it, it really spoke to me.

I know that there are times in my life where I feel that I am so weighed down by the things of this world that I can not continue and I feel like giving up, and I get so frustrated because I am calling out to God but it seems that He doesn't hear me or worse I start believing the lies of the enemy, that God doesn't care.

Then it happens, I fall! As I am lying there on my knees and I look up, it is then that I realize what has happened and where I am. I have been trying to carry things on my own and not listening to God because he is telling me to let go of them and he will take care of them, but I just don't let go. And I stumble and stumble until I fall. And when I look up, where am I? At the foot of the Cross.

I am so tired because I have been trying to fight the battle myself that I just lay there crying and I am so weak that I can't do anything else. The only thing I can offer God is myself. And do you know what God does? He comforts me, helps me back up and tells me I am his Child and he loves me and how that will never change.
I don't think this post does justice to what the song actually says to me. It is so powerful to me that I can't even express it. This is the best that I can do...

13 Comments:

Blogger gray said...

His Grace is overwhelming, and indescribable, it's amazing and it's life. Thanks for your honesty, it blesses me.
Love you!

8:14 p.m.  
Blogger gray said...

Yup, she'd say,"Shut it, Greer-face". Face it sucker you belong with us!

10:08 a.m.  
Blogger gray said...

okay everytime I bring up your blog "Plain Old Jen" I start singing "Plain White Rapper" by KJ52.

5:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, you did it justice!
I'm always amazed at how big your heart is, and at how you continue to be filled with His Spirit.
your honest note brings tears to my eyes. Yes , as gray puts it i'm a bit of a dramatic individual but still I'm so moved by the witness you are in God's love, even the events like how he has brought you into the Gillies lives.

6:20 p.m.  
Blogger Emma said...

oh Ho Ho...
i love you so,
you make good cookie dough,
you are as funny as corner gas the show,
i love you like i love snow... which is a lot...
i'm now gonna stop.
love, kisses, & prayers to ya... Em

9:52 p.m.  
Blogger Emma said...

for some reason i decided to end that last comment with my name, even though it says right at the beginning, emma says... sorry for my craziness! :)

9:54 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for your ROCKING BUTT POEM EM!!! I thought it was great...Love You Em!!

12:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwww...JEN'S COOKIE DOUGH...I would give anything away for it right now...well- everything except JESUS of course. Mmmmmm...cookie dough

12:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did u know there's icecream that is called and tastes like cookie dough

3:59 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, I think it is called Choc Chip Cookie Dough!!!

5:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Jen, I edited the post, you should read it. I'm glad you are who you are.:O)

1:05 a.m.  
Blogger Chris Burke said...

so glad to see my pals from HK gettin props back home. Great guys, had them play at campus life last year and got a chance to hang with them and such. Great music, great lyrics, and all around great guys

7:27 a.m.  
Blogger Emma said...

hey Ho... remember when today you said you were gonna write a new blog and i said you weren't and you said you were and i said i think i know your life better than you do... well... it's 11:01 PM and where is the new blog i ask? where? where? not here... that's for sure :p love & kisses to ya :)

11:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home