Plain Old Jen

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Righteous Root

Do you ever feel like you are being tossed around by the storms of life? Have you ever seen a tree in a hurricane? The winds and the rain blow the leaves from the branches, and sometimes the branches are torn off, or the tree is blown over. But the tree's roots are protected from the weather by being firmly established in the ground.
I don't know why I have been thinking about trees and roots today but I have been. And when I started to think about it, I realized that the same is true in our lives. If our thinking is not in line with the Word of God, we become vulnerable during the difficult times. But when our thoughts are in line with God's thoughts, He plants a righteous root within us. We become firmly established. Our thinking becomes clear so we can be strong and overcome the storms of life.
God wants you and I to be solid. He wants us to be steady. He wants us to have an established life and character. He wants our roots to grow deep in His Word. He wants us to be righteous in Him.
So I challenge all of us today to ask the Lord to show us any areas of our thought life that might need to be firmly planted in His word. And I assure you that as you do this, your relationship with the Lord will grow therefore you will have deep spiritual roots and stand victorious against the storms of this life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always make me think Jen. This is definately one to think about. So true about the roots.

2:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home