Plain Old Jen

Friday, February 23, 2007

God gave me a picture.....

In my last post I discussed that I was struggling with an inner battle. Well I still am and there has been lost of tears shed and lots of crying out. One morning as I was sitting and listening and praying God gave me this picture...It was a picture of me in a desert, and I am standing there looking out at the never ending journey ahead of me. I start to panic and think to myself, "how on earth am I going to do this" and I am just overwhelmed and beside myself. Then another picture comes to me. It is the same picture but in this one God is there and I can hear Him very clearly...Jen, you need to surrender to me and I will help you through this journey. Then I see myself, fall at His feet, sob, and cry out. The He puts out His hand, helps me up and says, "You ready? Let's Go" and hand in hand God and I begin my journey....

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Morris said...

(((((Jen)))))

Was missing you tonight. I feel proud of you when I read your blog. You are so open and vulnerable, not to mention obedient to God and what He wants to do in your heart and your life. I know it hurts and it's scary when He shows you stuff you need to surrender to Him, but He only does it because He loves us and wants us to be free. Letting go of bad stuff makes more room within us to receive the good stuff that comes from knowing Him.

I will be praying for you sis, and tonight I offer this prayer from Ephesians 3:16 - 19 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your heart through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

I think that you are already experiencing this! Be blessed my sister. You are very precious, not only to God but to me too.

Love you,
Catherine

2:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home