Plain Old Jen

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Matter of the Heart..


I see my heart and it looks like it is made of sand. It's dry, crusty and cracking. I reach out to pick it up and cling to it tightly but as I scoop it up into the palm of my hand, it crumbles. I stare down at the now pile of dry sand in my cupped hands. I begin to sob and bring my hands to my chest.

In the distance I can see a figure walking towards me. I squint my eyes to try to make the figure out but I can not. But as it comes closer I realize it is Jesus. The tears are still streaming down my face as I look up into the eyes of my maker. He doesn't say a word and neither do I because I know deep down he already knows what is wrong. He then kneels down beside me, he cups my hands with with hands and says to me, "Let me have it", I look down and my hands to see the sand that was once my heart, and then I look up into the eyes of Jesus, then back down at my hands. This happens quite a few times, finally I spread my fingers and I can feel the cool sand slip between them and into the hands of my creator. I am watching him very attentively, he then spits into his hands and begins to mold something, I am watching so carefully that I don't think I am even blinking. His hands stop, my eyes are so wide with excitement, he holds out his hands and there in the palm of his hands is my heart. I hold out my hands to take my heart and he closes his fingers on it and looks at me with his giant blue eyes and says "You are my child, I know everything about you. I knitted you together in your Mother's womb. So I know how to fix you, when you feel broken." I just looked up at my maker with tears again streaming down my face and smiled and he smiled back at me. The he took my hand opened my fingers and placed my heart into the palm of my hand. I stared down at my heart for what seemed like forever and when I looked up I could see Jesus walking in the distance.

This is a vision I had the other day. Right now in my life I am struggling with a few things that has my heart, dry, crusty and broken. I can't remember a time when I felt so disconnected from my heart in all my life, it scares me quite a bit actually. But I believe I had this vision to let me know that my Creator will come in time and mend it back together again. But at this very moment I think I am only at the step of looking down at my broken heart and sobbing...So I guess I just wait for him to come and mold my heart back to normal...until then I will keep pressing on.

2 Comments:

Blogger gray said...

oh man, i just read your blog. tonight i preached about the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart.

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there, Jen! Remember, you have to go through it, not around it (whatever your 'it' is) to get through and 'rid' of it.

Hope this makes sense,

blessings
Monkeynut

4:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home