Plain Old Jen

Friday, September 22, 2006

My Hearts Cry Today

Dear God,

Your word says if we call out to you, you hear us and help. I feel like I have been calling out for years and I am not getting any better. I am trying to believe your truth, but sometimes it is so hard and I feel like giving up. This is where I need your strength. I am so tired of feeling the way I am feeling and like no one out there can help me.

It seems like when there is a hint of light/hope that darkness quickly sneaks back in and everything I have worked so hard for vanishes right before my eyes. This is very discouraging to me.

Father, I know that you love me and that you catch every tear that falls from my eyes. Which comforts me. And I know that I don't always trust you because I am stubborn and like to handle things on my own. But like I have already said, I am tired. I can't do this on my own anymore. I need you to intervene!!

This is my hearts cry to you....

Love Your Child,
Jen

5 Comments:

Blogger gray said...

I love you.

12:56 p.m.  
Blogger Emma said...

i love you too :) *kiss kiss hug hug*

6:52 p.m.  
Blogger Catherine Morris said...

(((Jen)))

Two scripture verses came to my mind when I read your post. First, Psalm 34 verse 18:

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (NASB)

And then, 2 Cor. 12 verse 9:

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness ". (NASB)

We've been in a desert time here too and there have been days when I've cried, and cried out to God, for help to get through. But what He's told us through prayer, is that His purpose for bringing this time is to cause us to draw closer to Him so that we will learn to depend solely and completely on Him for everything we need - even comfort. Also, through this desert time He is building our character, and cleansing, healing and refining us. He is preparing us for the ministry He has planned for us to do. There is no shortcut or bypass around the desert, the only way out is through...

Praying that you sense the Lord's nearness and His comfort and love for you today.

Miss you too,
Catherine

1:27 a.m.  
Blogger Susan said...

I love you Jen and I will be praying for you!

4:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jennifer said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.. I love you Jen

6:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home